About the Practitioner
Monica Laurila graduated from the Colorado School of Traditional Chinese Medicine with a Diplomate of Acupuncture Degree in December 1998 (2260 hrs.). She is NCCAOM Certified and licensed in the state of Colorado and has been in practice since June 1999. She is the owner of Rocky Mountain Acupuncture and Wellness Center. She is a graduate of San Diego State University and holds a Bachelor in Arts and Sciences Degree in Psychology. In Oct. 2013 Monica completed a two year Gold Standard Facial Acupuncture Certification Program (1 of 25 students accepted internationally) at Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, Mn. (Certification pending).
Monica is also a U.S. Navy Veteran. She attended the U.S. Naval School of Dental Technology in San Diego Ca. and is a Certified Expanded Duty Dental Assistant and Certified Prosthetics Technician. While in the Naval Forces she served as a Casualty Care Medic and Dental Auxiliary during the Vietnamese Evacuation in 1974-76 at the refugee camps on Guam, Mariana Islands.
Prior to her enlistment in the U.S. Navy she worked as an Occupational Therapy Assistant, Nurses’ aide and surgical aide in hospitals in Minnesota and Montana during her undergraduate work. She has also worked in the dental field as an Expanded Duty Dental assistant and Consultant. She owned her own Dental Temps Company prior to her acupuncture career. This background gives Monica not only an acupuncture background but also a comprehensive understanding of Western and Dental medicine.
- NAET, Nambudripads’ Allergy Elimination Technique, Dr. Devi Nambudripad, D.C., L. Ac, Ph.D.
- Advanced Certification in BioSET allergy desensitization technique in Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Immune disorders, Headaches and Migraines developed by Dr. Ellen Cutler, D.C.
Electro-dermal Testing, Integrative Query System (IQS), i2i Network,
Dr. Roy Curtin.
- Korean Hand Acupuncture and Energetics, Dr. Steven Steitler, L. Ac., O.M.D., D. Hom.
- Functional Endocrinology, Dr. Datis Kharrazian, D.C., C.N.S., C.C.N., D.M. Sc., D.H.Sc., D.A.C.N.B.
- Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal Certification, Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, L. Ac., Dipl. Ac., M.S., M.M.
- Facial Soundscapes: Harmonic Renewal (Acutonics), Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, L. Ac., Dipl. Ac., M.S., M.M.
- International Gold Standard Facial Acupuncture Certification ( two year course), Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, Minnesota, Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, L. Ac., Dipl. Ac., M.S., M.M.
- Facial Acupuncture and Aromatherapy: “A Portrait in Oils”, Mary Elizabeth Wakefield, L.Ac., Dipl. Ac., M.S., M.C.
- The Face of Fitness-Potential (Face Reading), Lillian Bridges, L. Ac.
- Improving Mental Performance, Andrew Gaeddart, L. Ac.
- An Exposition on the Eight Extra Vessels – Acupuncture, Alchemy, and Herbal Medicine, Miki Shima, L.Ac., O.M.D., N.D.
- Orthopedics for Babyboomers, Mark Kastner, L.Ac.
Herbal Alternatives to Drugs, Dr. John Chen,
Pharm.D., Ph.D., O.M.D., L.Ac.
- The Balance Method of Acupuncture, Dr. Richard Tan, L. Ac., O.M.D.
- CPR and Advanced First Aide, the American Heart Association
- The Eight Extraordinary Vessels, Kiko Matsumoto, L. Ac.
- Heart Centered Meditation (since 2003), Mary White
- Five Element Acupuncture, Warren Bellows, L. Ac.
- NET, Neuro Emotional Technique, Dr. Scott Walker, D.C.